This set of moveable wheels features 110 unique digits and symbols. The fonts chosen were based on the Swedish population. 83% of the fonts were designed in Sweden to represent those born here. The remaining 17% were designed abroad to represent Swedish inhabitants born overseas. If you have a Swedish Personal Number, you can adjust the wheels to ‘Identify Yourself’ and unveil your unique font combination. The country of origin for each font is listed on the accompanying poster.
This project was my first assignment for my master’s course in Design, in HDK Gothenburg. It will be exhibited as part of Open Week (Gothenburg’s first design week), in the Gothenburg City Museum.